Twin Falls Public Library

Does the Library have a public fax machine?

No, the Library does not have a fax machine for public use.

Does the Library have eBooks?

Yes! The library offers many Digital Resources; check them out under the "Digital" tab at the top of the screen. Just click "eBooks" to browse our eBook collection. If you need help, please call the Reference Desk at 733-2964 ext 200.

Does the Library have tax forms?

No, the Library does not carry tax forms. Tax forms can be found online at

Does the library offer WiFi?

Yes! The Library offers free wireless internet anywhere in the building for public use.

How can I get a library card?

If you live inside Twin Falls city limits, or own or rent city property, you pay property taxes (directly or indirectly); therefore, you are eligible for a free Library Card. All you need to do is bring in a valid Photo ID and proof of your current address. Please see the lists below for acceptable ID and Proof of Address.

    Acceptable Patron Photo ID:
  • Current Idaho State ID
  • Current Out-of-State ID
  • Current Passport
  • Current Military ID
  • CSI Student Card with current semester sticker and picture.
  • Current Permanent Resident Card (aka Green Card)
    Acceptable Proof of Address:
  • Current Idaho State ID
  • Printed check blanks or deposit slip
  • Utility dated within the last 30 days
  • Mailed envelope postmarked within the last 30 days
  • Current Motor Vehicle Registration
  • Paycheck stub, within the last pay period
  • CSI Student ID Card showing current address and semester sticker
  • CSI Dormitory contract for current semester

If you do not live inside Twin Falls city limits and do not own or rent city property, you may purchase a Non-Resident Card for $40.00 per year ($35.00 for seniors aged 60 years or older). This covers all family members living in the same household. You must also present a current photo ID, please see the list above for acceptable photo ID.

Children may obtain a Library card if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The child must be able to write their first and last name on the back of their card. The parent or legal guardian who signs the child up for the card is legally responsible for any and all items checked out to the card.

How can I search for Library items from home or online?

Use the Catalog search at the top of the website to search the Library's materials

How do I print at the Library?

The Library offers printing from our computers or from our copy machine. Black & white copies cost $.15 per page, while color copies cost $.25 per page.

You may also scan documents or images to a USB drive using our copy machines at a rate of $1.00 per scan.

How do I renew my items?

Library materials may be renewed once, as long as there are no holds on the item. In order to renew your items, you may visit the Circulation Desk in person, or call at 733-2964 ext 100 and renew over the phone. You can also renew your items through the Online Catalog. For all these methods you will need your Library Card.

How do I request an Interlibrary Loan?

You can request an Interlibrary Loan at the Reference Desk, or by calling the Reference Desk at 733-2964 ext 200. Only three requests can be in processes at any given time (i.e. one ILL checked out and one requested, you may only request one more). Interlibrary Loans may be renewed, but you must contact the Library at least three business days before the item is due. Overdue fines for Interlibrary Loan items are $1.00 per day.

This service is free, however, a $5.00 charge may be added for items that are ordered but not picked up. Interlibrary loans must be picked up and checked out by the patron who requested the item.

How do I request an obituary?

If you live in the Twin Falls area, you are welcome to come into the Library and use our microfilm machines to locate obituaries (we'll show you how). If you live outside the Twin Falls area, you can request obituaries or newspaper articles. The request must be in writing, either by email or standard mail. You can email, or mail your request to Reference Desk, Twin Falls Public Library, 201 4th Ave E, Twin Falls, ID 83301. Fees are $5.00 for the first page of each search and $.25 for each page thereafter. Please include all possible information in your request, along with your address. You will be billed after we've completed the search. Please allow 7-10 days for our volunteer to find the article.

How do I use a computer at the Library?

The Library has several computers and laptops available for public use. The best way to use the computers at the Library is to get a Library card or a free Computer-Use Only Card, both of which will give you 90 minutes of time on the computer each day. You may also purchase guest passes for $1.00 each, which will give you 30 minutes of computer time.

How many items can I check out? How long can I keep them?

You may check out a total of 50 items on your Library card. Please see the table below for a more detailed breakdown, and to see how long the lending period is for different item types.

Item Load Period Limit
Books 21 Days 50
Audio Books (BCDs, Playaways, etc.) 21 days 20
Music CDs 21 days 20
DVDs 7 days 20
VHS 7 days 20
Magazines 7 days 20
Interlibrary Loans Varies 3

All materials can be returned to three places: the drive-up drop boxes located at the back of the Library, the drop boxes in the lobby of the Library, or to the TFP Bookmobile.

What are the Library's hours?

The Library's hours are:

  • Monday: 9am-9pm
  • Tuesday: 9am-9pm
  • Wednesday: 9am-9pm
  • Thursday: 9am-9pm
  • Friday: 9am-6pm
  • Saturday: 9am-6pm
  • Sunday: Closed

What are the overdue fines and fees for Library items?

Overdue fines on most materials accrue at a rate of $.20 per day, per item. Materials with overdue fees that grow at a faster rate include Interlibrary Loans, TFPL Headphones, and TFPL Laptops. The Library mails or emails Courtesy Overdue Notices to patrons with overdue materials. Billing Notices are mailed to patrons with fees that have accrued to $10.00 or more.

Service is limited to one checkout once fees have grown to $5.00. All service is suspended when fees have accrued to $10.00 or more.

What do I do if I lose my card?

Please contact the Circulation Desk immediately at 733-2964 ext 100. You are responsible for any items checked out onto the account before the card is reported lost. You can get a replacement card at the Circulation Desk by presenting a Photo ID and paying a $1.00 replacement fee.

What programs and events does the Library offer?

We offer a variety of programs and events for children, teens, and adults! Please see our calendar for this month's schedule!

What's a Bookmobile?

The TFPL Bookmobile is a mobile library that makes several stops throughout Twin Falls throughout the week. You can check out materials from the Bookmobile, or return any Library items there as well. Check out the full schedule to see if it stops near you!

Who can use my library card?

You must be present to use your library card. You are the only person who can use your library card. Family and friends may NOT use your card, even with your permission.